If you are looking for Pug puppies for sale, we applaud you, because you're making a great decision. There is no getting around the warm and fuzzy feeling they give everyone. Surely, beauty is in the eye of the beholder when it comes to Pugs because they have a “unique” look, that we just happen to love. Here are a few more reasons why our Pug puppies for sale are so popular!
For starters, let's talk about the Pug's history. Pug puppies originated in China and were bred down from one of the local mastiff-type dogs. They were transported to Holland via trading ships of the Dutch East India Company. In 1572, a Pug actually sounded the alarm that saved Prince William from Spanish soldiers that were approaching. After that event, Pugs were forever tied to the royal House of Orange.
Now, let's get to some fun and interesting facts about Pug puppies for sale!
- Pugs served in the military. They weren't in combat, as you probably guessed. They were actually used for tracking purposes. They were able to track the scents of dogs and humans, and at some point, they also served as guard dogs.
- In Germany, Pugs are called "mops."
- Pugs are slowww movers! They're not as slow as English Bulldogs, but they take their sweet time. That has a lot to do with the fact that they are incredibly slow runners. They can run, on average, 3 to 5 miles per hour. After that, they're pooped!
- The word “Pug” comes from the Latin word “pugnus” for fist, which may be a reference to the Pug's round face and head.
- We think our Pug puppies for sale are perfect, but do you know what makes are truly "perfect" Pug? It's all in their tails. A perfect Pug is partly defined as one that has two curls in its tail.
- Even though Pugs have a natural chubby stature, they're actually part of the Toy Group/Breed.
We hope that these fun facts and historical information about our Pug puppies for sale have been helpful and entertaining for you. Feel free to contact us or come visit our store to play with our Puggies!