Yorkie Puppies for Sale: This is your breed for lots ofcuddles and affection!
Are you looking for Yorkie puppies for sale? The Yorkshire Terrier is one of the most popular small breed dogs in the country and for good reason! The Yorkie is loyal, affectionate and makes for a superb lap warmer. But this popular breed might not be right for everyone. Read ahead to make sure that a Yorkie fits your personality and lifestyle. Petland always has Yorkies for sale, check out their cute little faces on our available puppies page!
Here are a few things that you might not know about the Yorkshire Terrier breed:
- Yorkies are small, but full of spunk! They can have a lot of energy and are upfor pretty much any activity. If you are the type who likes a lazier breed, the Yorkie might not be for you.
- Yorkies are not just for show, they make great companions. They love attention and they crave for their owners to lavish attention on them. Better be ready to take them for a walk, talk to them or just to be with them when lounging out!
- Yorkies are very affectionate and may even coax you into a hug or a belly scratch!
- Yorkies are small, but are not great for littler kids.They areoftentoo small to be handled carefully by small children and can sustain injuries easily.
- Expect a grooming budget with this breed. It needs constant grooms andtrimming. Most Yorkieowners love to bond with their dog by brushing or arranging their fur.
- Yorkies are very easy to train and are very smart. It can be stubborn during the first days of training, so it's wise to start early and be very consistent.
- Despite its size, it can bark and growl to alert its owners of any danger. It can be very protective.
- You need to coach this dog to play with other pets and to start really early if you want it to bond with children.